With Kendal Calling 2017 opening it’s gates in just under a week, we cannot wait for the weekend to commence, and to welcome you all back into the fields!
To make your journey to the fields a breeze, download our customer information pack to clue you up on all things KC17 HERE! Featuring an essential site map to plan your campsite, favourite hangouts and more.
GETTING INTO THE FIELDS
For the smoothest possible entry into the fields for a super and a safe weekend, we advise festival goers to:
- Follow live information updates from the festival on Twitter – @inthefieldsLIVE
- Pack light and only bring what you need. We have a general store and lots of traders on site in case you need anything!
- Prepare for your journey by checking the Travel section of the Kendal Calling website – https://www.kendalcalling.co.uk/information/travel
- If possible, use the festival shuttle bus from Penrith station – £11 return HERE.
- If driving, clearly display your vehicle pass by hanging it on your rear-view mirror. You can purchase car park passes in advance for £10 HERE. (£15 on the gate).
- Arrive early and have your festival tickets ready as soon as you join the queue.
- Listen to directions and advice from the stewards and be patient. Entry procedures are there for your safety and security.
- Don’t attempt to bring illegal drugs into Kendal Calling. Drugs detection dogs and bag searches will be in operation and if you are found with any amount of illegal substances you will not be allowed to enter or remain at the event and you could be prosecuted. Amnesty bins will be in place at every entrance.
MULTI AGENCY SAFETY TESTING & THE LOOP DRUGS ADVICE SERVICE
Our friends at The Loop, the independent and confidential drugs advice service, will be on site to help protect festival goers from the dangers of drug use.
After a groundbreaking and successful pilot of MAST Testing at KC16 free drug testing and advice is available via The Loop who are located in the campsite village.
We advise everyone attending to avoid illegal and legal highs, however we want you to be as informed as possible about the choices you make so please use this independent and confidential service before doing anything you could regret.
More information about The Loop & MAST testing is available at their website HERE
Within every aspect of planning, the safety of all festival goers is one of our highest priorities at Kendal Calling. We want to ensure you have the best, carefree weekend.
To re-assure those concerned about the recent tragic terror attacks in the UK, our festival safety team have reviewed all anti-terrorism procedures in place at KC drawing on national training, intelligence and resources across the event planning process and operations.
We work closely throughout the year with Cumbria Police, St Johns, Fire fighters, Health & Safety advisors & event management specialists to assure the safety and security of all of the Kendal Calling family, heres some specific advise from our team.
- Don’t leave bags unattended and never agree to look after anyone else’s bags, no matter how plausible their story.
- Be vigilant and report anything suspicious to the Police or security. Don’t leave it to someone else.
- In an emergency, if you think there is an immediate risk, look around you for help from staff, especially those with radios who can raise the alarm quickly. You can also call 999 who will alert appropriate onsite teams.
- If there is an incident, listen to staff and any announcements. Organisers will have emergency plans to help you keep safe.
See you in the fields!